Content continues to rule most marketing methods, and there is evidence to support my assertion.
Simply put, content marketing is a vital element of any digital marketing strategy, whether you’re running a little local organization or a big international corporation.
After all, material is indisputably the extremely lifeline upon which the web and social media are based.
Modern SEO, for all intents and purposes, has actually effectively ended up being enhanced content marketing as Google demands and benefits businesses that create content demonstrating Competence, Authority, and Trustworthiness to the benefit of their clients.
Content marketing involves developing and sharing important, pertinent, entertaining, and consistent content in numerous text-based, video, and audio formats.
The primary focus must be on attracting and retaining a clearly defined audience, with the supreme goal of driving successful customer action.
But with so much material being produced and shared every day, it is necessary to stay upgraded on the latest trends and finest practices in content marketing to keep pace.
To help you do simply that, here are 30 content marketing statistics I believe you must understand:
Content Marketing Use
How many organizations are leveraging content marketing, and how are they preparing to find success?
- According to the Content Marketing Institute, 73% of B2B marketers and 70% of B2C online marketers utilize content marketing as part of their overall marketing strategy.
- 91% of marketing pros surveyed by Semrush accomplished success with their material marketing in 2021.
- A B2B Content Marketing Study carried out by CMI discovered 40% of B2B marketers have a recorded content marketing technique; 33% have a technique, but it’s not documented, and 27% have no method whatsoever.
- Half of all marketers say they contract out some content marketing.
- The pandemic increased material usage by 207%.
Material Marketing Method
What techniques are content online marketers using or discovering to be most reliable?
- 83% of online marketers think it’s more effective to produce higher quality content less typically.
- In a 2022 Statista Research Study Research Study of online marketers worldwide, 62% of respondents stated they believed it was necessary to be “always on” for their clients, whereas 23% thought content-led communications were most effective for individualized targeting functions.
Types Of Content
Material marketing was synonymous with posting blogs, however the web and content have actually progressed into audio, video, interactive, and meta formats.
Here are a few statistics on how the numerous kinds of material are trending and performing.
- The leading 3 kinds of material being developed by marketing teams in 2022 included videos, blogs, and images.
- Brief articles/posts (83%) and videos (61%) are the leading 2 content types that B2C online marketers utilized in the last 12 months. Their usage of long-form posts increased to 42% from 22% in 2015.
- Short-form video content like Buy TikTok Verifications and Buy Instagram Verification Reels is the most efficient kind of social media content.
- 40.8% of marketers stated original graphics (infographics, illustrations) assisted them reach their marketing objectives in 2020 (Source: Venngage)
- 72% of B2C marketers expected their organization to invest in video marketing in 2022. (Source: CMI)
- Brief material (300-900 words) attracts 21% less traffic and 75% fewer backlinks than posts of typical length (900– 1200 words.) (Source: Semrush State of Material Marketing 2022)
- Interactive content sees 52.6% more engagement than static material, with buyers investing an average of 8.5 minutes viewing fixed material products and 13 minutes on interactive content products. (Source: Mediafly)
It is not merely adequate to create and publish material.
For a content strategy to be effective, it should consist of dispersing material via the channels frequented by an organization’s target market.
- Buy Facebook Verification was the leading circulation channel for B2C online marketers in the past 12 months and the channel that drove the best outcomes. (Source: CMI)
- B2B online marketers reported to CMI that LinkedIn was the most common and top-performing organic social networks circulation channel.
- 80% of B2B online marketers who utilize paid distribution usage paid social networks marketing (Source: CMI)
As soon as content reaches an audience, it is very important to comprehend how an audience consumes the content or takes action as an outcome.
- A 2021 DemandGen study exposed 62% of those making B2B purchase decisions stated they relied more on practical content like case studies and visual content, such as webinars, to assist their buying decisions and mentioning a higher focus on the credibility of the source.
- Purchasers want to spend no more than 5 minutes examining most content formats. (Source: DemandGen Material Preferences Survey)
- In a current post, blogger Ryan Robinson reports the average reader invests 37 seconds checking out a blog site.
- 65% of participants to DemandGen’s survey said they provide more credence to peer reviews, user-generated material, and third-party publications/analysts vs. company-generated content.
Material Marketing Efficiency
Among the main reasons content marketing has actually taken off is its capability to be determined, optimized, and connected to a roi.
- B2C marketers reported to CMI the leading 3 goals content marketing helps them to accomplish are creating brand awareness, building trust, and informing their target audience.
- Content marketing produces 3 times as lots of leads as conventional outbound marketing however expenses 62% less (Source: CMI).
- 56% of marketers who leverage blogging state it’s an effective technique, and 10% say it generates the greatest ROI (return on investment). (Source: Hubspot blog site research)
- Over 60% of online marketers determine the success of their content marketing method through sales. (Source: Hubspot State of Marketing Report, 2021)
Content Marketing Budgets
Budget modifications and the determination to invest in specific marketing techniques are excellent signs of how popular and efficient these techniques are at a macro level.
The following statistics certainly seem to suggest marketers have purchased into the worth of content.
- 61% of B2C marketers in CMI’s 2021 study stated their 2022 material marketing spending plan would surpass their 2021 spending plan.
- 22% of B2B marketers said they invested 50% or more of their overall marketing budget on material marketing. In addition, 43% saw their material marketing budgets grow from 2020 to 2021, and 66% expected them to grow once again in 2022. (Source: CMI)
All types of marketing included difficulties associated with time, resources, expertise, and competition. Acknowledging and dealing with these obstacles head-on with well-thought-out techniques is the best method to overcome them and recognize success.
- Top difficulties included “attracting quality leads with our content” (41%), “generating enough traffic and promoting our material” (39%), “creating material that resonates with our audience” (31%), and “proving the ROI of our material” (30%). (Source: Semrush’s State of Content Marketing 2022)
- Changes to SEO/search algorithms (64%), modifications to social networks algorithms (53%), and information management/analytics (48%) are among the top issues for B2C marketers. (Source: CMI)
- 47% of people are seeking downtime from internet-enabled devices due to digital tiredness (Source: EY Survey)
Time To Get Going
As you can clearly see and perhaps have actually already realized, material marketing can be an extremely efficient and cost-efficient method to produce leads, construct brand awareness and drive sales.
Those happy to put in the work of developing a recorded content strategy and performing it by producing, distributing, and enhancing high-value, appropriate customer-centric material can enjoy considerable company benefits.
Featured Image: Deemak Daksina/Best SMM Panel